Innovative Educational Solutions - Building the capacity of educators to meet the needs of ALL students!
Dr. Sheri's Blog

Building Positive School Climate Part III

In my last two blogs I've reviewed the first two guiding principles included in the USDE document, Guiding Principles: A Resource Guide for Improving School Climate and Discipline (2014). If you haven't had a chance to check out my first two blogs on the first two guiding principles, please do so. Today I'm trying something different (yet again). I've recorded a short video which can be viewed by clicking below. If you are viewing from an educational facility that blocks YouTube, click HERE.

You need Flash Player in order to view this.
guiding principle 3_blog
This video highlights the third of three guiding principles in the US Department of Education document Guiding Principles: A Resource Guide for Improving School Climate and Discipline

Exciting News for February!

During the month of February, Carol Burmeister and I will be collaborating on a series on executive function. Did you know that many students suffer from executive function (EF) deficits? Did you know that poor planning skills, ineffective problem solving skills, a lack of flexibility, poor impulse control, and a tendency toward emotional outbursts can all be symptoms of poor executive functioning? Each week during the month of February, Carol and I will be sharing information about executive function and readers will have the opportunity to download a how-to guide for one evidence-based, highly effective strategy for working with individuals with EF deficits following each blog post. These strategies are ones that will be included in our book, FLIPP the Switch: Powerful Strategies to Strengthen Executive Function Skills, which will be published by AAPC in summer of 2014. However, readers of this blog will not have to wait until next summer to experience the benefit of implementing these strategies. Beginning next Friday, one strategy will be highlighted each week and complete instructions and templates will be made available in PDF format.

7 Comments to Building Positive School Climate Part III:

Comments RSS
Coach frankfurt on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:39 PM
Good blog post !!!Thanks for taking this opportunity to talk about this, I feel fervently about this and I enjoy learning about this topic. Please, as you gain facts, please update this blog with more information. I have found it enormously useful.
Reply to comment

Dr. Sheri on Thursday, May 01, 2014 10:01 PM
Coach Frankfurt, Thank you for your positive comments. I will set a goal to get back to blogging more regularly. My co-author, Carol Burmeister, and I are working on another book, so I've been somewhat preoccupied. I'm also passionate about PBIS and will make it a point to continue the conversation. Thank you again for taking the time to comment! Dr. Sheri
Reply to comment

whiteboardvideos on Sunday, June 29, 2014 9:26 AM
Yes, i have watched the video of Building Positive School Climate Part III which is really amazing and good presentation and sure the discussion must useful to me as well. Keep it up.
Reply to comment

Cinema Box Apk Download on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:14 PM
Download cinemas using above links cinema box apk official link
Reply to comment

rias pengantin on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 7:32 AM
i like your post and very good job creative thanks for sharing dude :)
Reply to comment

research paper help on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:58 PM
Your blog is really magnificent and educational at the same time. Last time I have viewed the post which you have shared and the latest article is also very good and perfect. Carry on and keep the spirits high!
Reply to comment

loemrntdherid1 on Sunday, May 27, 2018 11:16 PM
Nice review. Thank you for sharing this information. The information was very helpful and saved a lot of my time.i am very happy to be here.
Reply to comment